Monday, November 3, 2008

Howdy Stranger.

So it's been a while, I know. I've been quite busy. It also doesn't help that the day to day here doesn't excite me like it used to. The crazy driving and cows on the road and trash everywhere and silly toilets and backwards Indians and lack of beef are all daily fixtures of my life now. It's no longer funny to be stuck behind a cow in traffic, it's annoying. My health has suffered greatly here as well, the random strange ailments are never-ending, but let's not get into that. So what's new? Not much around here. Matthew Good put out a live cd, Alkaline Trio put out an over-produced CD, and Rise Against put out an Offspring CD. Madden 09 has been good to me. My internet bill was over $4o0 this month. I'm leaving for Australia in 3 days.
I went back on down to Mysore and another place called Dubare in the southern part of Karnataka. Here's a few photos to share my good times with you.

So we went to a Buddhist monastery somewhere south of here. I found out that Buddhists sure love their Pepsi.

Then we went for a raft trip down a completely flat river. Vikrant is the dude on the right. Luckily we paid some sucker to paddle for us most of the way. chump. We spied elephants getting bathed from the raft.
That's the look of accomplishment you only see on my face if I've found Mountain Dew at a random soda stand, and I'm enjoying it on a rock in the middle of a river.
Traffic was really bad going back to Bangalore, so Me, Vikrant, Stephanie, and her mom just took an elephant instead of a car so that we could stomp on any cars that got in the way.
And they all lived contently ever after.
The End.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Awwww, my mommy is so cute up on the elephant.

Anonymous said...

Yay, elephants! =)

Also, please bring Vikrant back with you.

jeNnA said...

Hurray! An Update! You have been a busy travelin man. You need to tell us this stuff! :)

Just think... you will be home in just a lil over a month! We love ya!

Anonymous said...

I had just assumed you were dead.

... Maybe mom is really Buddhist.

-z

Anonymous said...

Congradulations on the Mountain Dew. Looking forward to you coming home.


dad

Anonymous said...

Hey Jacob!!!
Sorry things are not so exciting anymore!! but on the bright side you went to Australia!!! I am expecting multiple pictures of throat slitting kangaroos with their adorable babies comfortably placed in their pouches!
Watch out for those by the way :)
I am hope to see you sooooooonnnn!!!!
-Courtney