Saturday, May 31, 2008

You're my little miracle

Toilet humor.
So i've had several inquires involving toilets in India and exactly how people go about their business. Well, Here's a photo of the standard Indian toilet. You'll notice, it's little more than a hole in the ground. Also, the lack of toilet paper is present.

Though I haven't actually questioned anybody regarding the course of events surrounding the usage of that, I can say that the spray nozzle on the side is a large part of the clean up effort. However, I've discovered through my usage of public restrooms ("western style" only, i've yet to go without the bathroom tissue during requiring efforts), that their mother's did not stress the importance of washing your hands after finishing that fact of life. I do know that

At work, their's only "western style" toilets, but the sprayer is there, which results in never having a dry toilet seat. This also means that the need for the below sign in each stall is present.


TONIGHT I'LL SING YOU SONGS UNTIL YOU FALL ASLEEP. I'LL WHISPER EVERY WORD INTO A SMILE. JUST THINK OF JUST HOW GOOD THIS LIFE COULD BE.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha so wait??
is there like soap?
Im assuming if there is no toilet paper you should atleast get to wash your hands??????
and have you used it?

-court

-Jake said...

Hi Courtney, nope there's no soap, people generally don't wash their hands here, so i wash mine a lot since i touch stuff. Yah, i had to use the hol ein ground once, but i had my own toilet paper.

Anonymous said...

Haha, that cartoon guy is pretty funny.

jeNnA said...

WOW. ummm... Thanks for sharing? I will be sure to send you charmin in your next care package. LOL