Friday, May 9, 2008

You're so like woah.

Well I haven't posted on here in quite a while so I figured it's time. So I drug myself outta bed, from the safe confines of sleep to share what's been up. You're welcome.

So last weekend we decided to go to a town on the East coast of India called Ponducherry. We'd heard good things from people. We wanted to take a train, so we caught a 5 hour train to Chennai, where a driver picked us up and drove us the 3 hours to Ponducherry.

This is me riding a choo-choo train.

This is our driver who slept in his car for three days in Ponducherry, awaiting my every transportation demand. And it was extremely hot and humid there. What a sucker, even if he did get $100 bux for his troubles.

Ponducherry is a coastal town, but the beaches left a lot to be desired, especially since the shore was make of giant rocks. That sure makes body surfing way more exciting.

This dude has shunned the use of cars. Camel's are much more efficient. (If they're not spitting on you).

This Dude asked me to help put sticks on his head, then made Stephanie pay him to take this picture. Ungrateful...

Oh thank God...

This is what Ponducherry looks like from above.

In Ponducherry, there wsn't really much to do. Apparently the shopping is good, but I don't like shopping. Also they didn't have mountain dew. They did have a French Quarter though, which was interesting. And also much cleaner than the rest of the city. We ate at several good restaurants there. Other than that we just chilled the whole time. Also, on the way back, we had about 4 hours to kill in Chennai before out train outta town. Chennai is India's 4th largest city, and is by far the crappiest city I have ever been in in my entire life. I'd rather die then ever go there again. Suffice it to say the lack of Mountain Dew was not even in the top 5 crappy things about the city.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

He didn't MAKE me pay him....I did it so he'd stop following us. Like we don't stand out in a crowd enough, the last thing I wanted was a parade of beggars behind us. Totally your fault, btw, for making first contact.
Great pictures...
Steph

Anonymous said...

I miss you jacob!!!
these pictures look like you had fun though, and what is the deal with the leprosy?
-court

jeNnA said...

That leprosy sign is funny. Was it on a hospital or something? Wouldn't the people with Leprosy be indigent? Would they know English too?

-Jake said...

The leprosy sign was just a random road sign. Most people with leprosy do not know English anyways. I believe that's one of the effects of leprosy.
-Jake