Wednesday, July 30, 2008

The Deported

Welp, they've I've concluded that India has the stupidest immigration department in the history of the world. Since I didn't register before I'd been in India for 180 days, they'd like to deport me back to the USA. But to avoid official deportation, which would suck pretty hard, the idea is that I have to pay $20 dollars a day for every day I was in india w/o registering (probably ttl around $700), turn in a crapload of paperwork, and then fly back to America for a couple days before coming back to India. See? It's retarded.

So, TRX'll obviously pay the fees and for my flight to the usa. The current plan is that on Monday, TRX'll fly me to New York, put me up in a hotel, and then fly me back to India 2 days later. Flying that much in one week will be lame, something like 36 hours on planes, but at least I get some sweet Frequest flyer miles and a free (for me) couple days in New York. Maybe I'll hook up with old Stevesie and eat vegan food.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahahahahahah. wow. "sorry" doesn't seem appropriate... "have fun" seems to fit the situation better.

just make sure to do some leg exercises during all of these long flights! =)

jeNnA said...

Ahhh you so should hop a flight to good ol Pcola so we can see you!! So close compared to the distance. then maybe the Jet lag would feel like it was worth it.

Anonymous said...

awwww youll be so close... but so far..... but really far still... and wow.. that whole thing is lame.... i wish i was in new york... or wait.. vermont... hmmm but im not
-court

Anonymous said...

Jake, make sure you check out the fantasy football page. Draft is Aug 23 and keepers are due Aug 13th.

~jonny

jeNnA said...

Soooo you can't update your blog from New York?
The internet only works in India? :P

Anonymous said...

So I saw this movie the other day called, "The Fall." Good movie. But not the point. In the movie there was a city that was blue. And I thought, man that looks familiar. And then I realized it was that city that you posted pictures of from your travels with Rusty. I think part of the film were filmed from the same place you took your photos. Anyway, just thought I'd let you know. It's probably unlikely that you can see that movie anywhere over there, as it only played at the Cinema 4 here.

-Z