Sunday, July 6, 2008

The trip - Part 2

Okay, so I'm finally getting around to the other cities I visited. After Shimla, we took the deadly ride back down the mountain and went to a city called Chandigarh.

Chandigarh is the capitol city of two states, and is the cleanest and most organized city in India. It's really just a bunch of gardens and malls all on neat city blocks. We went through a couple gardens and a rock garden, but there's really not much to share about this place. It was kind of like a break from being in India.
More photos here.

chandigarh

After Chandigarh, Rusty and I parted ways with Stephanie back in Delhi, then Rusty and I hired a driver to take us to Jodhpur. That drive was pretty bad, our car didn't have headlights and we had to drive against uncoming traffic for a few hours. Dispite the lack of headlights, our driver still drove very aggrssively. I'm lucky to have made it.

We finally got to Jodhpur, which is in the middle of the desert. It's called the blue city, because everyone in the old part of town has painted their homes blue.

Jodhpur had lots of forts and palaces for Rusty and I to visit. It was a very interesting town. Apparently, here and the next two cities we visited no white people ever go there, so Rusty and I were a specticle. More photos:
Jodhpur

After Jodhpur, Rusty and I went to ahmedabad and Surat. Neither place was anything great, we basically just walked around a lot getting stared at like we were lost. Also, both had lotsa of beggars to keep us harrassed.
Here's some guys who were just excited to meet westerners and they took a bunch of pictures of us, so we took one of them, with me.
It was difficult to get outta there, but we finally reached Mumbai (formerly Bombay). Mumbai was awesome, a lot of really old architecture and cobble-stone streets. It's also very modern, and being westerns there did not make you a specticle. Rusty and I got offered roles as extras in a Bollywood movie, a London night-club, but we had to turn down the job due to time concerns. Anyways, Mumbai was great, probably my favorite city in India. There's some photos of Mumbai here:
Mumbai


So that's that. Check out the pictures.

2 comments:

jeNnA said...

Great Travel log. I am amazed at your efforts Jake! :) THank you for taking time to share. See ya soon!

Anonymous said...

I like that photo of you with all of those random guys. It's so silly. hah. =) Glad you're having fun!