Monday, August 11, 2008

Don't Break Me

So, I flew to New york, stayed 4 days, got a new visa and then flew back to India. New York City was pretty cool. I had a hotel in Manhattan. I had enough free time to do some exploring. I went to the top of the empire state building, you take this fast elevator that makes your ears pop like when you're taking off on a plane. Pretty cool views of the city too.


I also checked out times Square but I didn't have a camera for photos.
I walked around central park for a while and stopped to watch some softball teams play each other.


I went and saw Eddie Vedder play a pretty sweet show.


I also saw a comedy show, and went to a really cool blues club and watched a great blues band, and saw a lot of other parts of the New York nightlife. There's a lot of gay people to hit on you there, if that's your thing.
And of course I went and saw the statue of liberty.

All-in-all, a pretty good trip, I didn't really feel too great most of the time, but at least I didn't have to work and my expenses were covered by TRX. I'm glad to be back in Bangalore though. Anyways, I didn't take a whole lot of pictures, but here's a link to my photo gallery and some videos of Eddie Vedder.

New York

Also go here, I thought this was quite humorous.
Peace.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh man, I'm so jealous that you saw eddie vedder! and his voice is amazing even in those short video clips! =)

I'm glad you had some *free* fun... even though you didn't even want to come back to the states at all!

Anonymous said...

haha the cartoon was funny, reminds me of that episode of the office and gps.
-court :)

-Jake said...

Yea, the Eddie Vedder videos are kinna shaky because I didn't watch while i recorded, didn't want security to take my $300 camera away. If you find free time, cycle through the XKCD.com, it's all very funny, I check it 3 times a week for new stuff.

Anonymous said...

The owls are leaving the pantry. I repeat, the owls are leaving the pantry.

- Codename SnakeMonger